Congratulations! So, finally there’s another feather on your cap! Your brand new house! A new beginning to your life. However, it isn’t an easy move always to leave your old home and move to a new one, since you are attached with so many memories over the years. At the same time, it is also very exciting to move towards new prospects that your life offers to you. But, the burdensome process of packing and then finally moving and then again un-packing may snatch your excitement away. We have therefore made a very useful guide for important steps that would make your moving a lot easier and hassle-free.
- Make a list of TO-DO things
First things first, make a list of TO-DO things before you finally start packing and moving. This will make your move hassle-free and that too in an organized manner. Mentioned below are some of the things you can’t give a miss on:
- Prepare a list separately for the items that you wish to take along in the new house and those that you wish to sell it off.
- Understand the type of packing supply that you need and the quantity for the same.
- Research about the best packers and movers in your city that are punctual, reliable and at the same time offer warehousing solution for short-term and long-term if required. Simply put, go for those Packers and movers that are more than just moversthereby making your packing easier. The reviews on NJ Relocations are the best since they offer home/apartment moving services, commercial services, school assistance, disposal services, junk removal, pre and post-move services, sorting and organizing, rental as well as outright agreement registration, donating old clothes and toys, etc.
- If you are moving to another country, find out which packers and movers can help you relocate internationally.
- Make a list of the vital arrangements for the moving day.
- Preparations that you need to do carry on for your first day at your Home Sweet Home.
- Research about your New Community
It is always good to know about the place where you are moving in. The recreation facilities, banks, nearby fuel stations, ATMs, health-care centers, restaurants, and marketplaces. If you are moving to a new country altogether, Google the culture, traditions, driving rules and road rules, to get a better understanding. It is essential to make arrangements for utilities such as gas, water, electricity, and telephone at your new place well in advance.
- Packing and Unpacking Tips
To make your un-packing easier, it is good to pack the stuff which you may need during the trip to your new house on top. Ensure to buy medicines that you may need on the way or post reaching at the new place. Besides, it is recommended to keep the medical prescriptions handy for easy access. Once you fix a Packer and Mover Company, make sure to discuss about the transportation of pets, piano, plants and vehicles. Before you finally sign the agreement with the Packing and Moving Company, ensure to re-check the household inventory.
- Clear pending dues, if any
Yes, the time has come to end your pending liabilities. All you need start bucking up is by informing all your utility service providers, such as water, electricity, telephone, mobile, cable as well as gas companies, banks and credit companies and clearing the pending dues, if any. You should also inform your colleagues, to ensure that the relieving formalities are done in a timely manner. Ensure that you inform your services providers, just a few days prior to moving to avoid missing out on the new mailers and couriers.
Packing, moving and un-packing is a task. But, indeed following the aforementioned tips and opting for a good packing and moving company will help you not only for transportation, but also ensure safe loading and unloading of your packed items. Safe Moves!