Today, due to promotions, transfers as well as job losses, many families are forced to move in a new city, new state or a new country altogether. Such moves, can be troublesome for many especially children. There are many reasons why kids get affected faster since they lose their play-buddies, do not sleep well due to changed environments. There are chances of the infants getting clingy and toddlers turning even crankier!
How can you make a move easier for your kids?
- While moving to the new home, it is important that you remain positive as well as optimistic since it does affect the children. Therefore, being calm and composed will help you and your kids to move peacefully in your new residence.
- There are so many parents who get nervous telling their kids about moving to a new place. However, this may backfire since children may feel that the parents postponed or didn’t inform them about the move. Therefore, instead of procrastinating, it is important to sit with your children and tell them about their new home.
- Once you move to the new house, do take suggestions from your children to understand how they wish their room to be decorated. Check with them about the furniture as well as the décor for their room to help them inculcate interest in their new home. Let them too be a part of turning your new house into a welcoming home!
- Before you enrol your child in the new school and coaching classes, it is important that you take your kid to let them see the premises, cafeteria, ground, etc. This will help them get acquainted to the new school closely.
- You can even engage your children by lightening their mood and playing some indoor games. Hide and seek would also be a good idea that can help your kid get acquainted to the new home.
- You can enrol your child in sports team or any extra-curricular activities. Encourage them as much as possible and help them get involved in their hobbies.
- Taking your kids to play stations in the nearest mall or in a park may also work wonders. Visiting a museum or a zoo will also help them adjust to the move faster.
- A lot of children experience anxiety when they experience change in the environment. Thus, experts advise to get your child’s schedule back to normal at the soonest possible. Let their sleep as well as feed times be the same as they were in the old house.
- You may also keep your children happy by clicking their pictures and hanging them on the wall. This might grow a connection between them and the new home.
- The best way to grow interest of moving in your kids is by stocking up on crayons, sketch-pens, marker-pens, etc. You can also give your kids a good art project by telling them to mark the boxes in different colours and unpack to arrange them in their room.
- Stock-up with dry snacks and chocolates to keep the transition phase relaxed and composed. Some handy stuff such as raisins, almonds, fruits and cut veggies, may help your kids to manage their hunger pangs while travelling.
Best rest assured
Taking help of professional packers and movers such as NJ Relocations for services such as rental agreement, donating your child’s old toys and clothes, junk removal as well as school assistance especially when you have kid’s around, would be a good move. Therefore, without letting the move trigger a sense of depression in your growing kids, give them an opportunity to explore the new surroundings with an open mind. Best rest assured, things would fall in